The raison d’être of the French Insurance Federation (FFA) - Bringing together all the energies of the insurance sector to move society forward confidently - is reflected in the actions it undertakes on a daily basis:
- it highlights the specificity of the FFA as a professional federation, the aim of which is to ‘engage’ its employees, its members but also all its stakeholders.
- It recalls that the project, carried out collectively, is to enhance the value of the insurance sector, which provides prevention, protection, and resilience to all segments of society. In one word, the aim is to generate ‘confidence’ enabling everyone to face the risks of everyday life and to project themselves into the future: insurers manage risks so that society can take risks to move forward.
- Finally, it emphasises that we must be constantly on the move: insurance supports changes in society and forecasts new risks to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
The French Insurance Federation (FFA) was created in July 2016. It gathers under a single umbrella organisation the French Federation of Insurance Companies (FFSA) and the Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (GEMA).
FFA represents 247 insurance and reinsurance companies operating in France, covering over 99% of the market.
The FFA‘s main missions:
- Representing the interests of the insurance industry in all economic and social matters.
- Representing the insurance industry before French and international public authorities, before institutions and before administrative or market authorities.
- Providing a forum for discussion and analysis of financial, technical and legal issues.
- Providing essential statistics on the industry.
- Informing the public and the media.
- Promoting preventive action.
- Promoting the place of insurance in the academic and training world.