The FFA and its missions
The French Insurance Federation (FFA) was created in July 2016. It gathers under a single umbrella organisation the French Federation of Insurance Companies (FFSA) and the Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (GEMA).
FFA represents more than 260 insurance and reinsurance companies operating in France, covering over 99% of the market.
The FFA‘s main missions:
- Representing the interests of the insurance industry in all economic and social matters
- Representing the insurance industry before French and international public authorities, before institutions and before administrative or market authorities
- Providing a forum for discussion and analysis of financial, technical and legal issues
- Providing essential statistics on the industry
- Informing the public and the media
- Promoting preventive action
- Promoting the place of insurance in the academic and training world